Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Update on the kitten and a recipe!

So, I'm happy to say that Olive, the kitten, is back to her usual self...  squeaky and nippy, ready to wolf down food, playing with her toys and the cat tree, and trying to eat whatever it is that I'm eating... I could still do without the 4am foot attacks as I sleep, but N assures me they will stop.

Last night I had a bit of a smitten kitchen fest... I made the following recipes:

Eggplant salad (no toasts)

and

Scalloped Tomatoes with Croutons

Click through for her pictures and the recipes because both are amazing!

A few notes:  I added capers and prosciutto to the eggplant salad and we tasted it on little cubes of bread.  Salty but delicious!  Also, I didn't measure the cheese.  Seriously, who measures out cheese??

We only had 9 ounces of tomatoes for the second recipe, so I tried to pare it back a bit (again, not measuring.  I am my mother's child.)... it ended up a bit short on tomatoes throughout, but where there were tomatoes, there was deliciousness.  Where there weren't tomatoes there was also deliciousness because there was toasty garlicky olive oiled bread with cheese on it.  Hello, yum.

No comments: