Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pics or it didn't happen!

I was planning on adding a picture post soon, and the other evening, The Hubs confirmed my suspicions that a blog without pictures is boring.  :)  Instead of putting away the folded laundry currently taking over our living room, I bring you pics!

My first food entry involved inspiration from my brother's blog - Banh mi, aka Vietnamese hoagies.  To show you a bit of the construction, I took some pictures.  Also, a little later on, The Hubs is the photographer to be credited.  He is wonderful.  There I am, in the middle of making his dinner after 5 hours of commuting (2.5 hrs there, 2.5 hrs back), and he's happy to slow the process down to take some photos :)

Anyway, the construction of the sandwich.  Delicious, delicious sandwich:

Sriracha Mayo
Photobucket

+ jalapenos for The Hubs (anybody know how to add a tilde in here?)
Photobucket
+ meatballs
Photobucket
All together now...

Photobucket


YUM!





And for the random pasta night, here goes nothing!

The whole stove:
Photobucket

Easiest sauce ever:
Photobucket



The finished product! 

Photobucket


The other night, wanting to use the rest of the pork from the banh mi, I made it again, but this time, made the meat into patties which fit nicely onto the baguettes :) The mayo and the daikon/carrot pickle, having had a few days to blend their flavors, were even more flavorful this time, if that was even possible, and they were, once again, amazing.  The Hubs took some pics of the whole process, so I'll share them with you now!

So I'm kind of lazy about chopping herbs and onions...
Photobucket

The Hubs's snack (I had a need to vacuum that night, and I didn't even get this started until after he got home! :(  On the plus side, the downstairs is now nice and clean :D)
Photobucket

Patties on the stove (I added sesame seeds too)
Photobucket

My helper that evening (she's not really glaring, just reacting to the pre-flash flash):
Photobucket

The finished product!
Photobucket


OM nom nom nom.


Okay, we're all caught up on pics!  Stay tuned for the next episode: Be Careful What You Wish For (be careful about that for which you wish?  Don't judge me for my grammar, please :D)

2 comments:

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

I didn't mean to delete that comment. Oops. Sorry!

I said:
More noms please! (AKA please keep me entertained! I'm bored at work! And apparently your brother hasn't eaten anything since last Friday because he hasn't updated his food blog either!)